These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of M.A.C. Skip Hire’s Website, located at https://macskiphire.co.uk.
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use M.A.C. Skip Hire if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
Published jointly by the Road Haulage Association Lid, and the National Federation of Building Trades Employers
In these conditions ‘owner’ means registered carrier, ‘hirer’ means person or company to which accounts are rendered
‘vehicle’ means the vehicle which is delivered or collecting the skip which is the subject of the contract.
‘driver’ means the driver of the vehicle.
‘the site’ means the place where the skip is deposited on the directions of the hirer.
The owner enters into the agreements for hire of skips and disposal of contents upon the following conditions.
1. No agent or employee of the owner is permitted to alter or vary these conditions in any way to give any consent thereunder unless he is authorised to do so.
2. The owner will use his best endeavours to comply with the hirer’s requirements but can accept no responsibility for failure to supply or for any delay in supplying skips which may be caused directly or indirectly by any circumstances beyond the owners control or any unforeseen of abnormal conditions of by any act or neglect on the part of the hirer.
3. a) Except as specifically otherwise agreed in writing the owner shall be under no obligation to deposit the skip elsewhere than on a highway.
b) The hirer shall save harmless and keep the owner indemnified against any claim, demand or penalty arising out of the period of the skip on the site and which could not have been made had the skip not been placed on the site.
4. The hirer shall direct the driver where to deposit or pick up the skip.
5. Where the driver is directed to deposit or pick up the skip on or from a site which is off a highway the owner shall be under no liability whatsoever to the hirer for any damage howsoever caused whilst the vehicle is off the highway either than such as might have been caused by negligent driving on the part of the driver. Without prejudice to the generality of Condition 3 (b) the hirer shall subject as above save harmless and keep the owner indemnified against any claim or demand which could not have been made had the driver not been so directed. The hirer will compensate the owner for any damage to the vehicle or the skip which would not have occurred had the driver not been so directed and which is not due to any negligent driving on the part of the driver.
6. The time allowed for depositing or picking up a skip is ten minutes. If the vehicle is kept waiting longer than this after arrival the hirer shall be liable for reasonable demurrage.
7. The hirer shall ensure that all permissions required before the skips can lawfully be deposited on the site including the permission required under the Highways Act 1971 have been or will be obtained before he directs the driver to deposit the skip.
8. The hirer shall not move the skip from the site without the consent of the owner.
9. a) The hirer shall ensure that no waste to which Section 3(1) of the Deposit of Poisonous Waste Act 1972 applies will be placed in the skip without the written consent of the owner.
b) If any waste to which the said section applies is placed in any skip the hirer shall immediately give the notices required by the said section and send copies of such notices to the owner.
10. The hirer shall ensure from the time that the skip is deposited until it is picked up again by the owner;
a) It is properly sited in accordance with the permission given.
b) It is properly coned and lighted during the hours of darkness.
c) No fire are lit in it.
d) It is filled no higher than the top of its sides.
e) It suffers no damage except fair wear and tear.
11. Notwithstanding the terms of Condition 10 it shall be the owner’s responsibility to ensure compliance with any condition imposed by a highway authority relating to the marking of the skip with reflective paint.
12. Except as specifically otherwise agreed in writing the hirer shall fill the skip within the period of hire and shall inform the owner in good time of its readiness for collection or replacement. Periods in excess of 7 days casual hire charged at £10 per week or part thereof.
13. The owner shall ensure that the skip is clearly and indelibly marked with his name and telephone number or address.
14. The owner will remove or reposition the skip if required at any time to do so by a highway authority or constable in uniform under Section 32 of the Highway Act 1971.
15. Except as specifically otherwise agreed in writing the owner agrees to dispose of the contents of the skip.
16. No special waste as listed on S.1. 1980/1 709 including asbestos, solvents, minerals or greases.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person log on this website and compliant to the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Netherlands. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Unless otherwise stated, M.A.C. Skip Hire and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on M.A.C. Skip Hire. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access this from M.A.C. Skip Hire for your own personal use subjected to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
– Republish material from M.A.C. Skip Hire
– Sell, rent or sub-license material from M.A.C. Skip Hire
– Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from M.A.C. Skip Hire
– Redistribute content from M.A.C. Skip Hire
This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
Parts of this website offer an opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions and information in certain areas of the website. M.A.C. Skip Hire does not filter, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their presence on the website. Comments do not reflect the views and opinions of M.A.C. Skip Hire, its agents and/or affiliates. Comments reflect the views and opinions of the person who post their views and opinions. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, M.A.C. Skip Hire shall not be liable for the Comments or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
M.A.C. Skip Hire reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which can be considered inappropriate, offensive or causes breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
– You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
– The Comments do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark of any third party;
– The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libellous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy
– The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant M.A.C. Skip Hire a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
The following organizations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
– Government agencies;
– Search engines;
– News organizations;
– Online directory distributors may link to our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses; and
– System wide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
We may consider and approve other link requests from the following types of organizations:
– commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources;
– dot.com community sites;
– associations or other groups representing charities;
– online directory distributors;
– internet portals;
– accounting, law and consulting firms; and
– educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we decide that: (a) the link would not make us look unfavourably to ourselves or to our accredited businesses; (b) the organization does not have any negative records with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility of the hyperlink compensates the absence of M.A.C. Group; and (d) the link is in the context of general resource information.
These organizations may link to our home page so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are one of the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must inform us by sending an e-mail to M.A.C. Skip Hire. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Website, and a list of the URLs on our site to which you would like to link. Wait 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Website as follows:
– By use of our corporate name; or
– By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to; or
– By use of any other description of our Website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of M.A.C. Skip Hire’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our Webpages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
We shall not be hold responsible for any content that appears on your Website. You agree to protect and defend us against all claims that is rising on your Website. No link(s) should appear on any Website that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Website. You approve to immediately remove all links to our Website upon request. We also reserve the right to amen these terms and conditions and it’s linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to our Website, you agree to be bound to and follow these linking terms and conditions.
If you find any link on our Website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us any moment. We will consider requests to remove links but we are not obligated to or so or to respond to you directly.
We do not ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we promise to ensure that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
– limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury;
– limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
– limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
– exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort and for breach of statutory duty.
As long as the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
Our Coventry depot operates under the waste management licence numbers 481172 and 42581
Our Hinckley depot operates under the waste management licence number 42581